The Duer Hot Spring Trek route falls under old expedition route to Mt. Gangkhar Puensum. The trek is known for its hot springs and best expriance to make it and highly recommended season is March to April and September to early November.
This is one of the most challenging treks in Bhutan.The route partially overlaps with the trail of the legendary Snowman Trek, the most difficult trek in the world. This grueling nine day journey will take you up to the Duer hotsprings, arguably the most beautiful hot springs in the Himalayas.
The trail has numerous steep ascents and descents and ranges from altitudes between 3000-4700m. However, despite the challenge, this trek is well worth the effort as it will take you through some of the most beautiful landscapes in Bhutan. You’ll journey through forests of spruce, hemlock, juniper and maple that are populated by Blue Sheep, Musk Deer and even Himalayan Black Bears.
An entire day will be dedicated to resting in the hotsprings. The periods between March to April and September to November are the best times to take on this challenging route
1) There will be 10% Bhutan Sales Tax and 10% Service Charge on all rates.
2) Visas and Fee (US $ 40 single entry)
3) Accommodations at 3Star on B.B Plan
4) All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner will be served in buffet)
5) Transport/transfers within Bhutan
6) Entrance fees and permits
7) Sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide
8) 35% royalty to the government (USD 65/night)
9) Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
10) Two litters of mineral water
1) Travel Insurance
3) Expenses of personal nature
4) Airfare for international/domestic flights and Excess baggage
5) Tips to guides and drivers
Trip booking documents